Bio-Fogging and Sanitising
Ultimate Facility Services (UFS)’s first priority is the safety of our customers and our employees. To meet the challenges of the Coronavirus outbreak, we have expanded our cleaning services to include a fogging procedure that disinfects surface areas that we all touch in the workplace.
The procedure uses a safe, high-grade registered disinfectant that is highly effective against many communicable diseases, including coronaviruses. Following the fogging procedure, cleaning crews thoroughly clean surfaces.
Kindly see our procedure for the service written below:
Frequently touched surfaces requiring Coronavirus cleaning include:
- Desktops and all work surfaces
- Doorknobs and door handles
- Light switches and dimmer switches
- Computer monitors, keyboards, mice
- Tablets and laptops
- Telephone equipment
- All chair rests and arms
- Canteen tables and chairs, crockery, trays and cutlery
- Sinks, taps and kitchen areas
- Toilets, including all surfaces
- Water fountains, drinks dispensers and vending machines
- Lifts, including doors and buttons.
UFS Technicians are trained in the use of fogging equipment and products and safety procedures must be adopted by all personnel involved in the process:
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or mucus membranes
- Do not ingest it. Do not use on skin. Avoid breathing spray mist or gases
- Use in a well-ventilated area
- Wear eye protection (face shield or safety glasses)
- Wear protective clothing and chemical resistant gloves (butyl rubber, nitrile, neoprene, polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride)
- Respiratory protection is required, such as respiratory mask
- If contact is made, flush eyes thoroughly, drink several glasses or water, or rinse exposed area thoroughly.
BEFORE THE FOGGING
Before the fogging procedure commences the area must have the following undertaken:
- Smoke and fire detectors must be disabled during fogging
- Pots, pans, utensils, cutlery, plates and dishes must be removed
- Food must be removed, or covered, from refrigerators and food storage areas.
AFTER THE FOGGING
After the fogging procedure is complete, the area must have the following undertaken:
- Reactivate smoke and fire detectors
- Wipe down hard surfaces used for food preparation
- The fogged area should remain off limits to all staff not in suitable protective clothing for three hours.